The confidential counsellor is the first person for students or staff to go to with personal, work or study-related problems, or if they feel unsafe or have complaints about transgressive behaviour. The confidential counsellor offers a listening ear, asks question to clarify the problem, can offer guidance or advice, may refer you on to others and in the event of a complaint can discuss with you the best way of dealing with this.

In the context of optimal social safety, both students and staff members can choose with whom they want to talk. The external mediator, Francis van Hekelen, is not connected to the HdK; the other mediators also fulfil another role within the KABK or the KC.

The confidential counsellors of the University of the Arts are:

Protocol for the Confidential Counsellor

The confidential counsellor for research integrity

Should you have questions about academic integrity or doubts about the research taking place within the institute, you can contact the confidential counsellor of our University of the Arts The Hague. The confidential counsellor is independent and has no ties to HdK research. A question or complaint will remain confidential and any subsequent steps will only be taken with the consent of the complainant.

More information can be found on the page Research Integrity.

The confidential counsellor for academic integrity at our institute is: Prof. Dr. T. (Ton) van Haaften